What is a young adult carer?
Are you 18 to 25?
Do you help to look after a parent, sibling, partner, grandparent or other relative who…
- has a disability
- is frail or elderly
- has mental ill health
- has drug or alcohol issues
- has an ongoing illness, or
- similar problem?
- worry about them
- ever feel alone with no one to talk to
- feel that you need information or support
- organise or attend appointments
- deal with medication, pay bills or sort paperwork
- provide personal care
- cook or clean for them
- help with younger children, or
- support them in other ways?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions then you may be a young adult carer.