Get information and advice

Get information and advice for you and the person you look after. For example, you may want to know how to get help at home, or better support from school or work.

York Carers Centre

We can help with information and advice on a wide range of topics including:

We can also help you find information or get advice on anything else related to your caring role. Please get in touch with us on 01904 715490 if there is anything we can help with.

Information and advice from other organisations

You may be able to get information and advice from other organisation in York including

  • City of York Council – may be able to help support the person you care for. They can help with practical support, such as adaptations and equipment, travel passes and parking badges.
  • Your GP – They will record this on your notes and they may be able to offer you extra support.
  • York Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) –  free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone who lives or works in York on their rights and responsibilities on a wide variety of issues; including welfare benefits, debt, money advice, employment, housing and homelessness, immigration, relationship breakdown and other legal matters

There are also a wide range of organisations that support carers who look after someone with a specific issue, for example mental health issues.  For more information see Support groups for carers

Carers UK and Carers Trust also have a lot of information about a wide range of issues that affect carers.