Support for employers of carers
- There are almost 7 millions carers in the UK, and it’s estimated that 3 in 5 of us will be in the role at some point in our lives.
- 4.27 million carers are of working age. Research has shown that 1 in 5 give up work to care. This is costly to employers, in terms of recruitment expenses and losing skilled members of the workforce.
Having a ‘carer friendly’ workplace for your employees can make a significant difference to retention and productivity, and help you get the best results for your organisation and staff.
We can offer help with:
- Good practice for managing carers in your workforce
- Support with developing ‘carer friendly’ policies
- Training for your workforce/HR team
- Methods to support carers in the workplace – for example drops-ins and Carer Champions
With our help and employment support pack you can become a quality marked Carer Friendly Employer.
For more information on supporting carers at work, why not visit:
Employers for Carers: Information and resources: www.employersforcarers.org
To find out more about any of the above, or arrange a meeting, contact email@example.com, or contact the office using the main phone number or email at the top of this page.