Volunteer with us
We are always looking for people to join our enthusiastic, committed hard-working team of volunteers who provide essential support throughout York Carers Centre work.
What can volunteers do to help?
We value the significant contribution our volunteers make – you can volunteer with us on a weekly or monthly basis, or just help out when you can.
We have many different opportunities for volunteers; from helping out at monthly carer groups to help in the office or to supporting carers on a more one to one basis. Please see our Volunteer Vacancies page for details.
What we offer volunteers:
- A full induction and training programme with ongoing support
- A chance to meet and interact with new people
- An opportunity to benefit unpaid local carers, gain new skills or develop existing skills/knowledge
- An opportunity to be part of a team, improve your self confidence and have fun
- All expenses and DBS check paid
- Policies and procedures to support you
“Thank you for the opportunity to improve my office based skills – volunteering in the Carers Centre office definitely helped me to gain a very interesting job”
Volunteering is a rewarding and positive experience – please get involved by phoning us on 01904 715490 or completing our Volunteer Application Form (below) and returning it to email@example.com