An opportunity for carers affected by substance misuse to come for a coffee and a chat about what’s going on for them, seek advice, information and guidance.
No need to book if you have been before.
If you are new to our service, please phone 01904 715490 to book a 30 minute appointment with the group facilitator before the session.
Third Wednesday of the month.
Do you need information or advice about your caring role or for the person you care for?
We regularly answer questions about:
- Benefits for carers or disabled people
- Community Care, including; accessing support for the person you care for, adaptations and aids, services and support groups
- Disability Rights
- Carers Rights
- Your caring role and employment rights
Call York Carers Centre Advice Line on Wednesdays, 5 to 8pm, 01904 715490 to speak with our benefits and advice workers
An informal monthly drop-in for family members/carers of someone with mental ill health.
Venue: Slug and Lettuce Swinegate, our group will be located near the Grape Lane entrance.
The sessions are aimed at people who are:
- caring for younger people
- in the early stages of caring
- caring for someone in crisis
The sessions are for carers only and are informal and supportive.