Vision / mission statement
Our vision is to ensure that unpaid carers throughout York are valued, recognized and supported with equal access to a good quality of life that is not prejudiced by their caring role.
Our mission is to challenge the inequalities that carers face and ensure, through partnership working, that carers of all ages and backgrounds have their voice heard and have access to quality support and services reflecting their identified needs and interests.
- Respect – all people involved with or affected by our services
- Enabling – support people to identify and develop solutions to their problems
- Boundaries – to retain a professional relationship with all those we seek to support
- Person-centred – to provide services that reflect the unique circumstances of each individual
- Empathy – to accept and work alongside all those we come into contact with, without prejudice or judgment
- Integrity – to be honest and objective in everything we do and communicate openly and honestly
- Quality – to constantly improve the quality of the services we provide, through seeking and responding to the views of those we work with