Paying for care? Know your rights
Join us on Carers Rights Day, Thursday 21 November, for our ‘Paying for Care’ event, with talks and information from a range of organisations all about self-funding care. Details of the day and plan of speakers can be found below.
Thursday 21 November from 10am to 2pm
Denham Room, York CVS, Priory Street.
A light lunch will be provided, and you are welcome to bring the person that you care for.
Please let us know that you’ll be coming on 01904 715490 or email@example.com .
Plan for the day:
- 10am: arrival, hot drinks and pastries
- 10.30am Adult social care assessment process – from City of York Council Adult Social Care team
- 10.55am Financial assessment processes – from City of York Council Income Services
- 11.15am: Independent financial advice
- 11.35am: Activities, events and services for carers – from Live Well York team
- 11.55am :What other support is available – York Carers Centre team
- 12.15pm: Lunch
- 12.45pm: Opportunity to browse information/obtain individual advice from speakers
- 2pm close
Have questions about your rights?
Contact our Advice Worker who will be happy to help, either during our weekday opening hours or call our Wednesday evening Carers Advice Line from 5 to 8pm on 01904 715490.