Getting carers connected in the community for Carers Week 10 -16 June 2019
Carers Week (10-16 June) is an annual campaign which raises awareness of caring, highlights the challenges unpaid carers face and recognises the contribution carers make to communities throughout the UK.
It also helps people who don’t think of themselves as having caring responsibilities to identify as carers and access much-needed support.
Here in our city, York Carers Centre have a range of information events and activities planned to mark the week, enabling carers to get connected in their communities.
Information and advice:
- Monday 10 June, York Rail Station: Our team will be there all day answering questions about caring and support available in the city for unpaid carers.
- Tuesday 11 June 10am – 12pm, Haxby and Wigginton Health Centre: Drop in to ask questions and speak to our staff
- Tuesday 11 June 2 – 4pm, Poppleton The Old Forge GP Surgery: Drop in to ask questions and speak to our staff
- Thursday 13 June, 9.30-3.30, Legal Clinic at Crombie Wilkinson Solicitors: Free 30 minute appointment to get advice on wills, probate and power of attorney. Book by calling York Carers Centre on 01904 715490.
Connect with other carers:
- Wednesday 12 June 3-5pm Boat Cruise: Join us for a free boat trip with City Cruises York. You are welcome to bring the person you care for, and refreshments are provided. *Now fully booked*
- Young Carer and Young Adult Carer party: The young carers (age 5 to 18) and young adult carers (age 18 to 25) who use our service will be getting together for a party, as well as an exciting flying trip! Please contact us for more details about our young and young adult carer services.
Find out more about national Carers Week on www.carersweek.org