Stay Healthy and Connected this Carers Week
It is that time of year again when organisations across the UK get behind the national campaign Carers Week, to celebrate and recognise the vital contribution made by the UK’s 6.5 million carers.
Here’s what we have planned for the week:
- Monday 11 June Andrew Davies will be at the Acomb Carers Hub providing benefits advice. 1 to 2.30pm at Acomb Methodist Church, Front Street, YO24 3BX.
Information stands at Sainsbury’s Monks Cross 9.30am to 2.30pm and Gale Farm Surgery, Acomb Front Street, 10am to 11.30am.
- Tuesday 12 June Crombie Wilkinson Solicitors are offering carers a legal clinic at their York city centre offices. Carers can book a free 30 minute appointment to get advice on wills, probate and power of attorney. Please phone us on 01904 715490 to book your appointment. If you wish to instruct a solicitor following your appointment this will be at your cost.
Information stand at York Hospital 9.30am to 4pm.
- Wednesday 13 June York Carers Centre invite you to an open morning at our offices on Priory Street from 10am to 12pm. Drop in to find out what we do, talk to staff and enjoy refreshments. Carer Support Workers, Advice and Benefits Workers and staff from the Young Carer and Young Adult Carer teams will be there. No need to book. Carers, cared for and professionals welcome.
- Also on Wednesday young adult and adult carers are invited to afternoon tea at the Marriott Hotel, 12 to 3pm. This is a chance for you to take a break from your caring role and have a treat in nice surroundings (weather dependant we can enjoy their garden!). Carers only and places are limited so please book through email@example.com or on 01904 715490.
- Thursday 14 June young adult carers are going fruit picking, 3.30 to 5.30, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 715490 for more information.
Information stand at City of York Council’s West Offices 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Friday 15 June Pop-up Hub 1 to 3pm at St. Leonard’s Sunflower Centre, Tadcaster Road, YO24 1GL
For more information on any of the events please contact us