Do you care for someone with an eating disorder?
Collaborative Caring Workshop from The Retreat York
An intensive 2-day workshop for carers of people with an eating disorder. The workshop uses Collaborative Caring to provide skills-based learning on how to best support a loved one with an eating disorder.
12 and 13 May 2018
9.30AM to 4.30PM
- To gain a basic understanding of eating disorders
- To acquire skills to implement change
- To develop skills to recognise unhelpful responses
- To develop skills to implement helpful responses and positive interaction
Skills that will be developed
- Role modelling
- Acknowledging difficulties
- Goal setting
- Recognising stages of change
- Adopting a positive caring style
Dr Louise Hall, Clinical Psychologist, Naomi Unit, The Retreat York
Dr Andrea Brown, Consultant Psychiatrist, Naomi Unit, The Retreat York
The Retreat York
Tea and coffee will be provided but please bring your own lunch and snacks.
If you would like further information or to book a place please contact:
Louise Hall: firstname.lastname@example.org 01904 412551 (extension 2306) by Monday 30 April 2018
Please note that spaces are limited and will be allocated strictly on a first come, first served basis.
* This workshop is based on the book Skills-based Caring for a Loved One with an Eating Disorder: The New Maudsley Method written by Professor Janet Treasurer, Grainne Smith and Anna Crane.